Friday, June 1, 2012

The Final (Rap) Entry...tear.


Yo saibaidee,
This is my last blog entry
I’ve got so much to say
Playing catch up...
While eating pizza with ketchup,
I’ve been living it up,
Realizing I only have a month left,

Everything in these lines
I’m trying to capture
And share the little things I’m experiencing

I’m trying to wrap my head around
What I’ll be taking away from my 10 months in Laos
I’ve traveled here and there
Exploring everything out there

I came here to learn and teach
Not necessarily here to preach

What I came here to learn
Is the Lao way of life
In the beginning of my journey here
I really had no connection,
With the country,
The culture,
Especially the people
I wasn’t sure how to act
Or make friends,
Scared and afraid of how people would perceive me

Now I find myself hanging out with Lao people all the time,
In the blazing hot weather,
While they wear their long sleeve sweater,
Chillaxing over thum mee,
Enjoying their loving company
In this land locked country,

Lao people like to eat, drink, and sleep,
Eat, drink, and sleep some more
And repeat this all over again,
In one day or more,

Lao people are so beautiful
Inside and out
Especially the ladies
Got my jaw dropping
Every time I pass them
In their traditional Lao sin
Ohhh...baby,
Be my girlfriend,
Maybe
My wife in the future
And then you’ll be in America with me

Actually I got crush on a particular Lao lady,
Is it taboo,
Or am I a fool
In this game of love
Or is it just puppy love
Well whatever it is
It just happened to happen
And I’m loving it

I got the chance
To understand
Or simply be aware
Of what the heart of a Lao lady needs,
Or actually of any lady
She just wants to have a man,
Who will truly love her
And only her
Love her,
Always and forever
Yeah,
Sure,
I love you
And only you,
Always and forever,
But the real truth to reality is
It is easier said than done,

There’s a young Lao lady,
She says she will never get married,
Be single forever,
When in fact
She’s just scared
To let herself to be loved
And to love again,
Cause she did before,
And she only got her heart-broken
The man only wanted
What he wanted in demand
So then he got married,
With different lady
Not giving enough respect
To her own demand
Wow, such a gentleman
And now she doesn’t want
To be hurt again
With that
I believe I understand
Her feelings and thoughts
To be a real gentleman
I have much respect for her
On where she stands
A lady like her
Should not be taken in demand

Then she said
If there is to be a next man
He must have a big heart
I turn around and asked her
What is a big heart
He must love me and only me
You would only know if he has a big heart
If you,
Yourself,
Is willing to open your heart,
Big enough to let him show you,
How big his heart is
Trust me,
If your heart isn’t big enough,
His heart isn’t going to be big as well,
A big heart
Is only as big as your heart will be
If you understand what I mean by this
You’ll know
And understand me

So
Small talk with Ms. Les-a-lisa,
Sharing our thoughts and feelings
Same, same but different experience
Oh so unique and beautiful
Here we are
Discovering more of who we are

I really truly found more of who I am
I’m just some Asian kid from Northeast Oklahoma man
Straight up eastside homies
A kid who could sweet talk his way of getting a fancy scholarship through an essay,
To teach English in a foreign country

Hitting quarter of a century this year,
Back on April 6, 2012
The big 2-5 years I am
Oh time sure flies,

So
Am I American
Am I Hmong
Or is it the other way around
Some people believe I’m Japanese
Or even Korean,
Matter of fact my ancestors are Chinese

There are times I think I have it hard
When in fact I have little to no clue to what is means to be living hard...
I ain’t got nothing compared to what my parents faced
They had to run away leaving their homes...
Literally fleeing through the jungles and swimming across the mother river in darkness
With guns shots in the background showing no kind of goodness

Drawing a deep connection to my soul and my spirit

I ask myself these 3 simple questions,
One,
What does the heart really need to live and survive,
Two,
What is my greatest fear in life,
And three,
What is my biggest desire in my life which I can and will never have

Alright then
You wanna play a game of life...
Here it is
Let’s see if you can truly answer these 3 questions to be able to understand
And draw a deep connection to the life of a man
Which is me
The young man that I am

Too much, so much, very much has happened...
I have been living it up these past few months
Realizing I’m going to be leaving soon...
June 29th
Back to the US of A...
Excited I am,
But sad to say
That I’ll be leaving
Because I’ve been so happily enjoying the present moments given to me...

I want to stay...
Maybe even forever...
Why is it that I always find myself
Back here in this place
This part of the world
Having such a deep connection
I’m happy here
Why don’t I just stay here
What’s stopping me
What’s holding me back
Me,
Myself,
Who’s holding back

Scared,
Unsure of my future
But I keep telling myself
Not to worry so much
Just let it be and be free
You know what I mean

I’m afraid to be who I am...
To really be me...
But that’s ok...
At least I know this
And I’m willing and trying to overcome this fear....
I’m not perfect, but being imperfect is what makes me unique

These are some of the lessons I’ve learned,
Apart from the lessons I’ve been teaching in turned.

Thank you Laos,
I’ll be sure to come back again!

Jope!

P.S.
I'm back on Facebook...under John HuajVam Thoj or jht406@gmail.com
Keep in touch!

2 comments:

  1. Dude, your forgot to mention to go to the KKEI campaign website and help us get some wonderful, innovative Thai teachers to the U.S. for a long-deserved teaching tour and exchange.

    ahem!

    http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/107306

    Also, will you be stopping by Khon Kaen on your way back? Hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice video! Can't wait to see you soon and hear all your stories. Have a a safe travel back home, we are waiting for you :-D

    A.Yer

    ReplyDelete